“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
Booker T. Washington
Love this quote – it puts things in perspective when the old year is winding down and I start thinking about goals and plans for the new year. Happiness goals. Hmmm. Nice thought.
I am reading a book about goal setting and one thing this author said was to write a list of 50 things one is thankful for. He said it changes your whole perspective on things and gives you new energy and enthusiasm for what is going on with your life right now.
I started making my list in my head and it was rather amazing. I mean sometimes I find it difficult to come up with my “three sunshine moments” every day – but when I tried to think of 50 things surprisingly it was much more freeing! It was like anything goes.
I will do that now. Just for fun and see how long it takes me.
- Good health
- I can see
- I can hear
- Have friends
- Have family
- Have a good husband
- Have nice pets, Buddy, Andre and Pudge
- Love to eat food and enjoy it
- Enough food to eat
- A nice place to live
- Books to read
- Go to the library whenever I want
- An iphone 5 that I can text and look things up. I use it a lot!
- Websites that I enjoy working on
- Puzzle books that are fun to create
- 30 minute walk every day
- Fun TV shows to watch at night
- Popcorn! Whenever I want to make it.
- Cooking things. All the food necessary to make most anything I want
- Able to shop weekly for food without worry.
- Warm bed at night
- Warm clothes to wear
- My Social Security check (it is nice!)
- VA benefits for health care
- M&M’s – plain, peanut and caramel. I am getting addicted
- My Kindle. Almost 5 years old but still works fine. 🙂
- Youtube videos to watch that instruct on almost anything!
- Daily journaling. I have so many notebooks but nice to look back and review sometimes.
- A nice office to work in
- A great office chair – Jon’s present to me.
- Christmas tree and lights and even a few presents under the tree.
- Running water. I grew up rather poor and sometimes we didn’t have water or electricity so I appreciate those things!
- A nice music system (Jon’s) with lots of music to listen to whenever we want.
- A good plumber! Had to do the “rotor rooter” thing today!
- Netflix movies – we subscribe and get one or two discs a week. Very fun.
- Daily newspaper
- Watch daily news – local and national. I enjoy that.
- Living in the United States of America
- Able to vote and have a change of government without bloodshed.
- A garden – for those rare moments I want to do it.
- Beautiful sunsets
- Listening to the rain while being warm and dry inside
- Able to do housework and take care of the house easily
- Going out for pizza! Doing that tonight
- A good car to drive and best of all Jon does the driving mostly.
- Our own washer and dryer so we don’t have to go out of the house.
- Lovely kitchen, house all around.
Wow! That didn’t take hardly any time at all. You should try it. Is fun. You don’t have to share (unless you want to) – just nice to see how many things you can come up with when you start.
And before I go a quick update on the Puzzle activity I did at the Senior Center. It was very fun. I enjoyed doing it a lot but it won’t be a “marketing outreach” strategy which I thought it might be. The sweet ladies that attended (there were five) enjoyed the puzzles I think but it was pretty hard for them. I think they were a bit older than I was thinking. But I would do it again just for the joy of being with them. They were fun!
Today’s Three Sunshine (Gratitude) Moments:
1. Writing 50 thankful things
2. A break in the rain this afternoon so we took our walk
3. Some new books to read from the library. Just got back from a quick trip. I love to find books online – put them on hold – and pick them up when available.
More Games: | Waffle | Mahjong |Free Words | AARP Games
Subscribe Please share with a friend