Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cookies
These delicious cookies will have you ALWAYS reaching for just one more! Make the dough and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee crystals mix with 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Cup butter I soften in microwave 30 seconds
- 2 Tbsp Egg substitute mix with 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (granulated)
- 3/4 Cup Packed brown sugar (I like dark brown sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla I add to coffee mixture
- Stir the coffee crystals in 1 Tablespoon hot water until dissolved. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and set aside.
- In small bowl combine all remaining dry ingredients except for flour and whisk together until well combined.
- Using electric mixer– beat the butter and mixed dry ingredients together until well combined. Add the egg substitute and then add the flour a little at a time until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle. May refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or convection at 335 degrees.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Whisk together in small bowl 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The centers will look undone. Allow cookies to cool on sheet for 3 to 4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
My thought is that people who like to cook just can’t help themselves from adapting and tweaking their recipes for individual tastes. This recipe was adapted from two recipes that were non-vegan. So I’m guessing those are super delicious if you want to go non vegan. I found the first recipe by Dear Chrissy she had adapted the recipe from Better Homes and Garden’s recipe.