“Do the one thing you think you cannot do.
Fail at it.
Do better the second time. ”
Each day life jumps up and plops something new in our life to deal with. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much. But it always means that there is something new to deal with. Not really sure where that thought came from because as far as the day has gone so far it has been pretty much another helping of “same as usual.”
I remember reading once that we think nothing ever new happens but if we look back over the last six months there will have been at least one major happening that changed your life.
Hmmm – now I got myself into this train of thought I need to take a look back and see what was the major happening since last April?
Journal break . . .
Found a few things – a lot of decision making.
- July – Decided to sign up for early retirement with Social Security.
- July 23rd – started puzzle book on Fort Vancouver
- July 30 – Decided to quit all my many websites and let go of trying to constantly “get somewhere” with them all.
- August – Decided to put writing children’s book on hold. Maybe permanently. Not finding it fun anymore.
So things didn’t so much happen to me – as I made decisions that moved me into a different direction. Guess it still applies.
So what about you? Anything new, life-changing happen to you since last April? Kind of fun to take a look at – surprising sometimes.
Today’s Three Sunshine (Gratitude) Moments:
1. Beautiful fall day. Bright sun, blue sky and 80 degrees.
2. Making steady progress on book.
3. Trying to have a no sugar day. So far, so good.
More Games: | Waffle | Mahjong |Free Words AARP Games
Sign up for weekday Sunshine Moments Subscribe